[Bioperl-l] dbSNP

Marian Thieme marian.thieme at lycos.de
Tue Feb 6 13:52:10 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I looked for a method/class/function/script in the docuementation which
provides the opportunity to generate a snp assay suited to submit to
dbSNP (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/projects/SNP/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/projects/SNP/how_to_submit.html)
I didnt find those code, but I recognized that there is at least a xml
parser to read dbSNP reports.

Does anybody know if there is also an output class to generate dbSNP
reports ? I could imagine, that at least the snp assay section is worth
to be implemented.

This example is given by ncbi:

TYPE:SNPASSAY
HANDLE:WI
BATCH: 1.98
MOLTYPE:Genomic
METHOD:RESEQ
SYN NAMES:WI-SNP,DnaId,MapDna
COMMENT:
Here is where some public comment that applies to the entire
batch of SNPS could be put.
PRIVATE:
Here is where a note to NCBI regarding processing that would
not be seen by the outside, could be put.
Note that these are is not exactly real SNPs, as
the data were modified.
SNP:WI|WIAF-1234567
SYNONYM:EST4291092,EST8291092,EST7291092
ACCESSION:H30533
LENGTH:101
5'_ASSAY:GGCAGGGAAGGAAAATCCTAGGGNCAGCATTGGGGAGGGGGGGACTCTG
OBSERVED:C/T
3'_ASSAY:TAAATTTATTGGGCAACAGGCTGCAGGTGAGGGGGCTGACAGGAGGAGGGA
SNP:WI|WIAF-1722
SYNONYM:STS-T17494,STS-T17494,STS-T17494
ACCESSION:T17494
LENGTH:269
5'_FLANK:CTTTCCCTCATCCCCTCTTCCACCACACCATCCCGGAACAAGTGCTCCAGGATT
5'_ASSAY:CCCTGCCCACTGGCCATTTTGGAGTGTGTCC
OBSERVED:A/T
3'_ASSAY:GTGGGTAGCAATGTGGAAACCACCAGGGCCTTTGTGGAGAAAA
3'_FLANK:TGGAGGGGGTTGAGGGAGTCCCAGGAGGGGCTTATTTGAGGGCCTTTGCCACTT
    GCTCATAGGCGAGCTCGATCTCCTCATCATCTGGACAGGTGGAAGCGAATTCTT
    CCCGGGCGTAGGCATTGCTCAAGTACCGAT

Regards,
Marian

P.S. this is not in contradiction to my first request about the brackets
notation. We need both formats.