[Bioperl-l] Convert newick to nexus format

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Mon Feb 5 19:43:09 UTC 2007

please  cc the mailing list when asking a question or followup.

Sorry I don't know what you are doing wrong - you didn't resend your
code so I don't know if you still have a typo.

This code works fine for me

use Bio::TreeIO;
use strict;
my ($filein,$fileout) = @ARGV;
my ($format,$oformat) = qw(newick nexus);
my $in = Bio::TreeIO->new(-file => $filein, -format => $format);
my $out= Bio::TreeIO->new(-format => $oformat, -file => ">$fileout");

while( my $t = $in->next_tree ) {
  $out->write_tree($t);
}