[Bioperl-l] PDB Parser

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 20 18:51:14 UTC 2007

Just curious, but what kind of query were you trying?  It might be
worth trying to work through it to add as an example to the cookbook
page.

chris

On Aug 20, 2007, at 11:57 AM, Bernd Mueller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Maybe you wanna try the Database-EUtilities module from bioperl. They
> are described on http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:EUtilities_Cookbook
>
> I tried them for a similar search on pubmed but without any reasonable
> results because my target was too focused.
>
>  From EUtilities documentation on
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv.fcgi?
> rid=helpentrez.section.EntrezHelp.The_Databases
>
> "Protein Database
>
> The Protein database contains sequence data from the translated coding
> regions from DNA sequences in GenBank, EMBL, and DDBJ as well as
> protein
> sequences submitted to Protein Information Resource (PIR), SWISS-PROT,
> Protein Research Foundation (PRF), and Protein Data Bank (PDB)
> (sequences from solved structures). "
>
> So PDB is included in eutilities from NCBI.
>
> Regards,
> Bernd
>
> neeti somaiya wrote:
>> Thanks for your response.
>> Actually I am looking for something standalone and not on the web,
>> as in
>> something which I can download onto my machine and parse later to
>> get id and
>> title.

>>> and
>>> Hi Neeti,
>>> this is a non bioperl way to download the data.
>>> Use the SRS server on the EBI page to download only id and title
>>> lines
>>> from
>>> pdb.
>>>
>>> 1) Point your browser to the SRS page (http://srs.ebi.ac.uk).
>>> 2) Search for 'PDB' on the 'library page' and select it.
>>> 3) Use the standard query form. Select 'id' in the dropdown list and
>>> insert '*' (wildcard).
>>> 4) Create a view by selecting 'ID' and 'Title', then click the
>>> search
>>> button.
>>> 5) Click the save results button.
>>> 6) Select 'file' in the 'output to' area and 'ALL' in the 'Number of