[Bioperl-l] newbie wants install help

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Fri Aug 10 07:41:29 UTC 2007

hari jayaram wrote:
> Hi Sendu ,

Hi, please post back to the list as well, so others can benefit.

> Well after going through a few attempts at installing Bundle::CPAN I
> gave up.
> It always had weird timeout issues . ANd kept re-installing everything
> on restarting the CPAN shell
> After a while I thought it did complete - since it retunred me to the shell
>
> I tried the CPAN install of bioperl at that point
>
> ANd bingo I got booted out at the exact same point when the Bioperl
> install tried to re-install(?) Module:Build which failed as non root

Did you follow steps 7 and 8 of
http://www.dcc.fc.up.pt/~pbrandao/aulas/0203/AR/modules_inst_cpan.html ?

If you managed to install Bundle::CPAN, when you now run 'cpan' it
should start up and tell you its version number, which should be v1.9102
or higher. If its lower, you didn't manage to install the latest CPAN,
or you haven't managed to tell Perl where your newly installed modules are.