[Bioperl-l] Parsing FASTA m10 output

Ioannis Kirmitzoglou IoannisKirmitzoglou at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:05:37 UTC 2007

I apologize if this question has already been answered but my search came up
with no relevant results.
I am new to the FASTA program and after reading the fasta3x.doc I decided to
run it using the m10 output. The reason for doing such a choice was

Quote from fasta3x.doc:
     -m 10 is a new, parseable format for use with other
     programs....

I ran FASTA in batch mode and waited about 3-4 days for the results.
My problem is that today, when i started writing a perl script to parse the
output I realized that SearchIO doesn't supports m10 format.
Seems like I had to be more careful...
Before starting coding a module that will be able to parse the output (or
re-running FASTA with -m9 -d0 switches which will take 4 more days) I would
be really thankful if any of you knows of any other way to parse those
files?
Thanks in advance...

Ioannis Kirmitzoglou, MSc
PhD. Student,