[Bioperl-l] Extracting Gene Names Genome Ontology (GO) with Perl

Spiros Denaxas spiros at lokku.com
Mon Apr 16 15:21:40 UTC 2007

Nope, I don't have a CPAN module for it, and to be honest, I don't
think I will release one for it until I actually finish my PhD. The
code is really scruffy at some parts, lacks documentation and might
not work under all setups. My plan is to take some time after and
clean it up and release a proper version of it to the public.

What you are talking about however, if I understand correctly, is a
much much bigger project. Different genome databases have different
formats and a potential module must take them all into consideration.
Then the issue of the different evidence codes GO annotators use
throughout different genomes and which you consider of higher or lower
quality respective.

If you happen to stumble upon such a module, please share it, it would
be very interesting !

spiros