[Bioperl-l] Mixed bless-ings with Bio::Seq/Bio::PrimarySeq (Bio::Seq::Meta::Array)

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 5 18:44:38 UTC 2007

I tend to agree on that front as it seems too prone to subtle issues
with inheritance (as the bug demonstrates).

Related to that, do we want to have Bio::Seq::Meta::Array implement
either PrimarySeqI or SeqI?  Having it implement both is definitely
not working as expected.

chris

On Apr 5, 2007, at 1:27 PM, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2007, at 1:40 PM, Chris Fields wrote:
>
>> Do we want to support using 'bless $obj, Class'
>
> This smacks of over-clever programming and looks like a sure way to
> obfuscate what you're doing. I'm not sure why we need to support
> this construct.
>
> 	-hilmar
> : Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:-  hlapp at gmx dot net :

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher
Lab of Dr. Robert Switzer
Dept of Biochemistry