[Bioperl-l] Split $BIOPERLDEBUG meanings in test scripts?

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Fri Sep 29 03:01:55 UTC 2006

In the test harness scripts t/*, the $BIOPERLDEBUG environmental
variable seems have multiple uses:

1. print extra debugging output during tests ('verbose')
2. enable slow tests
3. enable tests requiring live internet access

Because it is used for all three, it's not possible to perform subsets
of these tests.

I would suggest we separate these requirements, either by adding new
variables for 2. and 3. (as 1. seems to best suit the exisiting name),
OR use a bit-mask and define constants in t/lib/XXX.pm.

Comments welcome!

--
Dr Torsten Seemann               http://www.vicbioinformatics.com
Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, Monash University, Australia