[Bioperl-l] Test my bioperl 1.5.2-c PPD

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 27 15:51:44 UTC 2006

Nathan,

Quick followup.  Looks like everything works with Bundle-BioPerl as well,
using either command line (ppm-shell) or PPM4 GUI.  I manually uninstalled a
few modules via PPM to see it would reinstall them, and it works so far.  I
did notice that it redirected during AcePerl installation from the Bundle,
so I guess you modified your local httpd.conf file.  Also noticed that the
scripts installed in Perl\site\bin as well (which is preferred).  We may
need to update the wiki page to take this into consideration.

So, to sum up, everything looks good so far.  Congrats!

BTW, I don't know if the installation will work for PPM3(for older
ActivePerl 5.8 installations), but we can always recommend that Windows
users stick with ActivePerl 5.8.819 or later and just see what happens with
PPM3.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry