[Bioperl-l] bioperl-network t/IO_psi.t random failure

Brian Osborne osborne1 at optonline.net
Mon Sep 25 18:54:13 UTC 2006

Sendu,

Hmm. I can't replicate that. If I do:

~/bioperl-network>repeat 50 perl -I. -w t/IO_psi.t

The tests run successfully, no errors. However I do see that the method call
before line 88 in IO_psi.t is:

@rts = $g1->articulation_points;

If you comment that line out does this intermittent bug disappear? I bet it
will.

Jarkko Hietaniemi and I worked through a number of bugs in Graph that I
supplied to him but one we were not able to solve was an intermittent bug
with articulation_points(). If you construct networks where each node
corresponds to some "simple" object (and the module I used was Digest::MD5,
an arbitrary choice) the articulation_points method works well, all the
time. However if each node in the network is a Bio::Seq object then
articulation_points starts to stall, or hiccup. It remains a mystery...

Brian O.