[Bioperl-l] Creating PPD's from CPAN Bundles

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 25 18:14:38 UTC 2006

As long as it doesn't have any C code to compile, you would run:

perl Makefile.PL
nmake
nmake test
tar cvf bioperl-ppm.tar blib
gzip --best bioperl.tar
nmake ppd

You could use 7-Zip or similar to package up the tarball.  You also need to
modify the ppd file that is generated in the last step to include the
location of the archive file and any additional installation scripts.

'nmake test' is optional but I recommend it anyway, just to make sure
everything works.

Chris

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab