[Bioperl-l] Optional 'circular dependency' ok?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 21 13:45:41 UTC 2006

Ah, but would we then have a dependency for Module::Install?  ;>

Kidding, kidding.  We should work out viable options.  If we could lower the
number of 'required' modules w/o wreaking havoc on Makefile.PL, yet allow
testing for 'optional' modules, that would be great.  This is probably
something to think about long term (before v 1.6) vs short term (v. 1.5.2).

As Hilmar stated, though, we may need to have testing for the 'optional'
modules be optional itself.  Maybe have a query for optional module tests
like we do for Bio::DB::GFF tests?

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry