[Bioperl-l] Cleanup of BioPerl distribution website

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sun Sep 17 00:13:19 UTC 2006

There was a post on list recently about problems using the newer PPM
GUI that comes with ActivePerl 5.8.819 (it wanted to downgrade all
installed prereq modules already installed).  I haven't tried it
myself.  I did find that the newer bioperl PPM (v. 1.5) didn't show
up when I last used the command-line PPM for ActivePerl 5.8.817, so
maybe package.lst needs to be updated.

We can probably leave the PPM related stuff for now.  I'm not sure
whether anyone would be interested in having access to the older ones
but we could probably make them available in the sub directory with a
modified package.lst.

We'll try getting a PPM for Windows for the next developer release
and add it then.

Chris