[Bioperl-l] retrieval of PRELIMINARY uniprot sequences using Bio::Registry fails

Brian Osborne osborne1 at optonline.net
Wed Sep 6 16:41:50 UTC 2006

Chris,

Yes, I saw this but was waiting for Daniel's sample.

division() is not a great way to set this value since it's meant for
taxonomic "divisions" (e.g. "PRI" in Genbank). On the other hand what else
is there? authority() doesn't seem right either. What about:

$seq->seq_version($DATA_CLASS)

None of them are ideal but this is the closest, in my opinion. Then
"Swiss-prot" and "TrEMBL" could be set by namespace() or authority().

Brian O.