[Bioperl-l] Bioperl tests: Test, Test::Simple, Test::More?

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Tue Sep 5 03:52:56 UTC 2006

On Sep 3, 2006, at 4:45 AM, Sendu Bala wrote:

> I'm certainly with you regarding 5.8. Full disclosure: my
> Bio::PullParserI requires 5.8 for certain things. I was going to add
> some <5.8 detection and work-around code, but it would be much
> better if
> we could just bump the requirement to 5.8.

You can always require a certain version for a module, so long as the
module is "optional." (as in "non-core"; the double quotes
acknowledge that there is no clear definition on what should fall
into that bin and what shouldn't)

Just make sure your test exists gracefully and the module prints a
clear message about the cause of death when it dies.

	-hilmar