[Bioperl-l] Bioperl tests: Test, Test::Simple, Test::More?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 1 21:45:57 UTC 2006

Does anyone have suggestions for a test suite other than the regular ol'
Test.pm?  I would like something that's a bit more flexible for Bioperl but
won't require a ton of revisions for current tests.

Jason had suggested moving tests over to using Test::More for it's
flexibility (and it's a bit easier to document with messages).  I think
switching over to this makes sense, but there may be other options out there
that I don't know about.

I'm considering trying out Test::More for my EUtilities tests, but if anyone
has suggestions I would be glad to hear them.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign