[Bioperl-l] bioperl1.5 and GD2.35

Huang Yi huangyi1 at hkusua.hku.hk
Tue Oct 31 05:46:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just installed bioperl 1.4 from CPAN to my Gentoo linux computer. But the
installation was failed. I had to install by force.

However, the GD module couldn't be installed for some unknown reasons.

I therefore use "emerge" tool of Gentoo to get bioperl and GD again. They
are fine. The version of bioperl became upgrade to1.5 and GD was 2.35.

However, when I tested it by using the program in HOWTO wiki page
(http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:Graphics), it always told me:

Can't locate object method "png" via package "GD::Image" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Bio/Graphics/Panel.pm line 799, <> line 9.

In my other computer, bioperl1.4 and GD2.34 work fine. I therefore want to
remove the CPAN bioperl from the system and re-install it, but it seems to
be impossible.

Would you please give me some advices on how to let my GD and bioperl work.

Thanks!

Huang Yi