[Bioperl-l] Bioperl installation under Windows

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 23 21:53:27 UTC 2006

It won't install in Perl\lib, but in Perl\site\lib.  Check there.

We are working intently on the next developer release for BioPerl and
plan on having several PPMs available, but we only are supporting
ActivePerl 5.8.8.819.  I would suggest that you upgrade your
ActivePerl installation to that if possible since PPM has undergone
major changes (they use PPM4 now, which has a GUI by default).  Most
repositories are now moving over to using PPM4 so you'll likely be
seeing less PPM3-compatible packages being made.

Chris