[Bioperl-l] INSTALL and INSTALL.WIN

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 17 14:28:40 UTC 2006

> So am I correct in saying that the best way is to make all updates to
> the wikified versions of these files, and then at regular
> intervals/major releases you (or someone else) will update the CVS
> version of the files in the way describe above?
>
> Cheers
> Nath

Yes.  I think the online docs will stay relatively stable.  A week or so ago
Mauricio and I were discussing moving the dependencies list to it's own CVS
document (since they pertain to all Bioperl installations, not just UNIX'y
flavors).  I haven't done that yet since I was waiting on the INSTALL.WIN
changes before I made any more changes.  Well, that and I've been really
busy doing other things.

One way we could make sure that changes to the online docs would match the
CVS docs would be to only allow certain wiki users (such as sysadmins) make
modifications to those pages.  That way any changes would have to go through
someone who also has CVS access and could make similar changes to the
distribution docs.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry