[Bioperl-l] EUtilities term handling

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Thu Oct 5 14:44:33 UTC 2006

Chris Fields wrote:
> The bug is in the query and not in the code, i.e. is is a
> user-generated bug, not an EUtilities bug.  And it shouldn't be
> unexpected, as NCBI has very specific rules for building queries for
> Entrez (just like any other database).

So I guess this comes down to something Hilmar mentioned and I never
even considered before. You consider your EUtilities stuff as a frontend
to entrez, and therefore consider valid queries as queries that are
valid for entrez and not eutils?

If that's the case, fine. I understand why you don't think this is a
bug. Again, something that might warrant a mention in the POD.
Currently the naming of the modules and the explicit references to
eutils (and me knowing the implementation uses eutils) got me confused.