[Bioperl-l] Bioperl under WinXP

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 4 14:03:34 UTC 2006

If you're using PPM, you can install a (much) newer version of BioPerl from
here:

http://www.gmod.org/ggb/ppm/

Add that as one of your repositories in PPM4 (seeing that you are using
ActivePerl 5.8.8.819), then search for bioperl.  The version should be
1.512.

In a few weeks we'll be releasing a new developer release.  A WinXP PPM is
expected, as well as a bundled package to install all prerequisites.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign