[Bioperl-l] Use of Root.pm versus RootI.pm

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 3 17:49:35 UTC 2006

Perl6 already has added flexibility for separation of
implementation/interface (I believe they are called roles).

http://dev.perl.org/perl6/doc/design/syn/S12.html

To tell the truth, I'm not sure about Perl 5, except the way the Bioperl
devs have up the distinction between interface and implementation.  However,
I find the way we use interfaces is very simple (set up interface with
some/all methods as unimplemented, use the module as an abstract base class,
then override the unimplemented methods).  It works for me.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign