[Bioperl-l] A new Bundle::BioPerl

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Tue Nov 28 10:53:10 UTC 2006

Conrad Halling wrote:
> After experimenting with the existing Bundle::BioPerl version 2.1.8
> under Perl 5.8.8 and Mac OS X 10.4.8, I found that it could not install
> all of the BioPerl dependencies unless run multiple times.
>
> I edited the the order that the dependencies were listed so I could get
> all the dependencies to install on the first try.

Thank you so much for all your hard work. Its extremely valuable. That
said, I'm no longer recommending the usage of Bundle::BioPerl. Instead
what I'll do is apply your discovered order to the new Build.PL
installation system.

You're welcome of course to contact Chris Dagdigian to make sure he
knows about your new version of Bundle::BioPerl. He can then upload it
to CPAN if he's happy with it, and people who choose to still use the
Makefile.PL installation process will surely appreciate the new version
of Bundle::BioPerl.

Thanks again,
Sendu.