[Bioperl-l] Please do not commit without testing

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Nov 25 00:08:18 UTC 2006

On Nov 24, 2006, at 5:46 PM, Sendu Bala wrote:

> If you can remember at least that it is ./Build you need to do
> something
> with, it has lovely in-built help. It's entirely standard stuff so
> nothing to learn - just remember its there!
>
>> ./Build -h
> No action '-h' defined, try running the 'help' action.
>
> <oops!>
>
> ./Build help
>
> <read...>
>
> ./Build help test
>
> <great!>

Sounds nice & will surely be helpful. I guess what I was trying to
say is that you could make the value of the examples you typed up in
emails already (including the above) much more lasting by
copy&pasting them into a document that's within easy reach of a
developer who is losing his/her nerves because somebody from the
extended family spilled cranberry sauce across his/her new laptop
over Thanksgiving.

	-hilmar