[Bioperl-l] Unable to build Module::Build on CentOS

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Thu Nov 23 02:09:42 UTC 2006

> I don't want to throw too much fuel on the Module::Build fire, but I have
> just discovered that I can't get Module::Build to install on CentOS 4.4.

I concur with this problem :-(

Most of the errors seem to be due to the large number of environmental
variables I have set:

"Couldn't run Build.PL: Argument list too long at
/root/.cpan/build/Module-Build-0.2805/blib/lib/Module/Build/Compat.pm
line 200."

I had to "force install" the latest Module::Build to get bioperl-live
tested and installed via Build.PL.

--
Dr Torsten Seemann               http://www.vicbioinformatics.com
Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, Monash University, Australia