[Bioperl-l] Changing default reply-to on this list

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Tue Nov 21 19:46:45 UTC 2006

I don't think that's a good idea. First, it is really hard to reply
to someone off-list that way. Second, it is especially annoying given
that reply-to-poster is generally considered best-practice and so
therefore almost all lists reply off-list if you just hit reply.

In fact I had this set to reply-to-list on one of our (NESCent's) own
listserves to help the less computer-savvy but it was so annoying
that I set it back to reply-to-sender within days.

Compared to that, hitting the delete key on the duplicate takes about
0.2 seconds for me and hasn't bothered me much ever.

Bottom line is, if you suggest people to change their habits then it
is close impossible if it is only a single place that likes to do it
the other way.

	-hilmar