[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db question

gang wu gwu at molbio.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 20 19:40:56 UTC 2006

Chris Fields wrote:
>> Hi Hilmar,
>>
>> Thanks for your message. Below are several tests for Oracle
>> and MySQL.
>> MySQL actually also has two tests with failed items which may
>> be related to data in BioSQL database.
>>
>> Could it be my Oracle installation/configuration has some issues?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Gang

> You stated in a previous post that you had preloaded taxonomy; the various
> species test fails may be from that.  Hilmar pointed out in a previous
> thread that tests require a BioSQL database without NCBI taxonomy loaded
> (i.e. just the schema).  The INSTALL doc should now state that.

You are right, all tests can pass for MySQL after unloading NCBI
Taxonomy data. But output for Oracle tests were not affected. Thanks.
> As for the rest, could it be the DBharness.biosql.conf file setup, which
> assumes MySQL by default?  If you switch to Oracle you have to indicate the
> proper DBD driver in the conf file:

>     # DBD driver to use - mandatory
>     'driver'        => 'oracle',

I did change the configuration, or it can not pass the DBI connection
tests. Below is part of my parameters:
    'driver'        => 'Oracle',
    'host'          => 'elegans',
    'user'          => 'biosqldb_sgowner',
    'port'          => '1521',
    'password'      => 'pass',
    'schema_sql'    => [ '../biosql-schema/sql/biosqldb-mysql.sql'],
    'dbname'        => 'oracle_sid',
    'database'      => 'biosql',