[Bioperl-l] No more Makefile.PL (MakeMaker -> Module::Build)

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 15 16:24:57 UTC 2006

> Does anyone know what purpose Bio/DB/Makefile.PL serves? If
> none, I propose removing it from CVS.
>
> Dave: Do you need anything to happen with
> doc/Deobfuscator/Makefile.PL when a user does a normal
> install of Bioperl? Or can it safely be ignored, only run
> manually by people who want to install Deobfuscator?

The Bio/DB/Makefile.PL and MANIFEST could be GMOD- or Chado-related (they
are both related to Bio::DB::GFF).  I'm not sure though; I'm cc'ing this to
Lincoln to see if they are still needed.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign