[Bioperl-l] Can't locate object method "new_instance" via package "Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store::dbi::mysql" at /project/gbrowse/httpd_perllib_new/Bio/DB/SeqFeature/Store.pm line 336.

Lincoln Stein lincoln.stein at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 02:21:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

DBI should be uppercased in the gbrowse config file:

[GENERAL]
description   = C. elegans GFF3 Database
db_adaptor    = Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store
db_args       = -adaptor DBI::mysql
                         -dsn     ws164_gff3

You shouldn't have to change anything to lowercase.

Lincoln

On 11/1/06, Sean O'Keeffe <limericksean at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am currently in the process of trying testing Gbrowse with the
> (relatively new) Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store adaptor method. A couple
> of teething problems, just wondering if anyone else had encountered
> the message above. Any insight appreciated.
> Also the package called (Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store::dbi::mysql) had
> to be copied into the lowercase 'dbi' from its original DBI form -
> don't know if this was a previously reported bug.
>
> Thanks,
> Sean.

Lincoln D. Stein
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory