[Bioperl-l] Bug: swiss.pm doesn't parse seq_version

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri May 26 01:28:14 UTC 2006

This patch works only for the recent change in swissprot seq format
for sequence versions on the DT line.  I checked it out vs the test
data provided with bioperl (t\data\swiss.dat).  I did manage to get
it working for both old and new using a modification to your patch
but there's another issue; using $seq->get_dates, which should only
show dates, shows the entire line (date and version info).  Jason
mentioned that there needs to be a better way to address this which
I'm looking into.

Chris