[Bioperl-l] Bio::Taxonomy confusion

Sendu Bala sb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Thu May 11 12:22:53 UTC 2006

Jason Stajich wrote:
> Great - now we just need someone to volunteer to actually work on this.

Now I'm really confused...

> The current code grabs most of this but I believe expects a different XML

No, I think the code in bioperl 1.5.1 Bio::DB::Taxonomy::entrez expects
that XML, and parses it as fully as flatfile.pm does. Nothing more to
do. Weren't you the person that wrote that parser?

I parse the same XML in my version of entrez.pm (see my previous email);
the main difference being I make Nodes out of each Taxon instead of just
adding each Taxon's ScientificName to the classification array.