[Bioperl-l] primer parameters using primer3

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Sun May 7 21:01:29 UTC 2006

I put up some info on the wiki (and I encourage other people to do
the same!)
http://bioperl.org/wiki/Module:Bio::Tools::Run::Primer3

Set the command line parameters by just calling a function of the
name of the parameter.  To get a list of the available options, this
perl code will report it to you:

# what are the arguments, and what do they mean?
   my $args = $primer3->arguments;

   print "ARGUMENT\tMEANING\n";
   foreach my $key (keys %{$args}) {print "$key\t", $$args{$key}, "\n"}

The info for PRODUCT_SIZE_RANGE is:
   (size range list, default 100-300) space separated list of product

I believe you can set the PCR product size with
   $primer3->primer_product_size_range("490-510");

-jason