[Bioperl-l] [BULK] can't parse blast file anymore

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sat May 6 01:38:47 UTC 2006

Hubert,

Calm down.  Breathe in, breath out.  Relax.......

Okay, here is the place to start.  Read the instructions there first.

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Bugs

Bugs are reported at this site:

http://bugzilla.bioperl.org/

Again, follow the instructions.  You will have to create a user name and
password to submit.  Once that is set up, click the "Submit a new bug" link
on the main bugzilla page.  On that page, fill out all information first and
a description of the error and hit 'commit'.   Add the BLAST report and some
sample script by clicking on the "Create a New Attachment" link (you'll have
to do this for each file).  Once you go back to the bug page you should see
two attachments and the bug report.  Any commits get sent through the
bioperl-guts-l mail list which most developers subscribe to, so they'll know
there's a new bug out there.

I will not be able to get to it personally; our home computer died a slow
painful death today (RIP 2002-2006) but I can get to it next week.  If you
post the bug, somebody might be able to get to it sooner!

Chris