[Bioperl-l] parser for GeneSeqer

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 30 17:01:38 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I find myself needing a parser for GeneSeqer output, so I'm writing one
(which I will submit for your consideration when it's working).  In a
nutshell, GeneSeqer is a (kind of old) program for aligning a bunch of
ESTs to genomic sequence, then using those alignments to predict where
in the genomic sequence the genes are.  So really what you get from this
is a bunch of hierarchical features.

I don't really know where I should put it in the bioperl hierarchy
though.  Probably FeatureIO?

And what's the current fashion for objects it should emit?
Bio::SeqFeature::Generic?  Bio::SeqFeature::Annotated?

Rob

--
Robert Buels
SGN Bioinformatics Analyst