[Bioperl-l] NCBI BLAST results parsing

John Mifsud jrm62 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 11:38:40 UTC 2006

Dear all,

Firstly I hope this is the right email list to write to!

Secondly, I have a little program that parses the BLAST results i have got
running remotely to the NCBI server and takes out all the hit sequences and
converts them to FASTA format.

Now when using BROAD BLAST and getting results this works fine (tblastn ver
2.2.9). However, NCBI have just updated their BLAST server (to 2.2.14) and
the output is different and the parsing no longer works. I was wondering if
anyone knew of a new SearchIO module / script that is designed to blast the
updated NCBI BLAST output?

Thanks for your time,

John