[Bioperl-l] results problem with StandAloneBlast

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Sat Jun 3 15:29:31 UTC 2006

you can get all the Hits or hsps with the following method:
my @hits = $result->hits;
my @hsps = $hit->hsps;

You can also reset the counter since these implementations are in-
memory and already parsed (and not a stream processor per se).
next_XX just iterates through the list stored in the parent object.

$result->rewind;

   and

$hit->rewind;

For example, the rewind needs to be called if you want to use a
ResultWriter object and filter some of the values for the final
writing after first inspecting them.

-jason