[Bioperl-l] Bio::*Taxonomy* changes

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Thu Jul 27 15:29:04 UTC 2006

On Jul 27, 2006, at 10:29 AM, Chris Fields wrote:

> See, the only concern I have with using the name Bio::Taxon is people
> confusing it with Bio::Taxonomy itself or with
> Bio::Taxonomy::Taxon.  Though
> I agree that the name makes sense for what you want.

I don't think Bio::Taxonomy is used a lot in earnest if at all, so it
you even test the waters by deprecating them right away by putting
warning statements there and see whether anybody complains about the
cluttered terminal screens. If this goes into snapshot releases and
release candidates leading up to 1.6 then they may be phased out
right away.

Unless anybody on the list has strong objections? Anybody using
Bio::Taxonomy?

	-hilmar