[Bioperl-l] SNP reference file download

vrramnar at student.cs.uwaterloo.ca vrramnar at student.cs.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 20 23:18:27 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to download an entire SNP reference file from
NCBI?? Or even downloading the sequence data for a particular SNP.

I know how to do this via Bio::DB::GenBank, Bio::DB::SwissP, etc.. when referring
to NM_##### but when I try to access rs###### files I am unsure of what Bio::DB
to point to, if there is one.

For example, if I had the accession number: rs4986950 How could I retrieve NCBI's
entire reference file for this SNP record OR just the SNP sequence relating to
this accession number.

Any help on this subject would greatly be appreciated,

Rohan