[Bioperl-l] Remote Blast - Blast Human Genome

vrramnar at student.cs.uwaterloo.ca vrramnar at student.cs.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jul 17 20:46:32 UTC 2006

Hi Chris,

1. I have tried changing the database to snp or dbSNP but neither works. It
seems that depending on which type of blast you use(ie, Genome Blast, Blast SNP,
normal blast such as blastn, etc...) you see a different listing of databases
available for querys. Since you mention that the Blast page I see was generated
by Genome, where could I go to see a complete listing of databases I can query??
Or if you knew off hand which database to search if I only wanted dbSNP hits?

2. You also mention, I can limit the search by using Entrez terms. Do you mean
like:
$Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast::HEADER{'ENTREZ_QUERY'} = 'abc';
where 'abc' is the name of the subject with which you would only like to see
result of. For example if you put it as 'Homo sapiens[Organism]' then only human
sequences would be in hit lists.
If this is what you mean, what would I change it to, to see only hits from
dbSNP?

Thanks for the ongoing help,

Rohan