[Bioperl-l] formatdb with the nr database

Nagesh Chakka nagesh.chakka at anu.edu.au
Tue Jan 24 08:00:02 UTC 2006

I could get the following code working. The only problem I had was with
using the method outfile which I defined differently.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
BEGIN
{
  	$ENV{BLASTDIR}="/usr/local/blast/bin";
    	$ENV{BLASTDATADIR}= "/home/nagesh/blast/nr.00";
}

use Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast;
use Bio::Seq;
use Bio::SeqIO;
use strict;

# parameters
my $expect_value = 20000;
#my $filter_query_sequence = 'F';
my $one_line_description = 1000;
my $alignments = 1000;
# my $strands = 1;
my $count = 1;
my @params = ('program' => 'blastp','database' => 'nr.00', 'outfile' =>
'temp.out');
#my $progress_interval = 100;

my $seqio_obj = Bio::SeqIO->new(
  -file   => "blastInput.txt",
  -format => "fasta",
);

# create factory object and set parameters
my $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast->new(@params);

$factory->e($expect_value);
#$factory->F($filter_query_sequence);
$factory->v($one_line_description);
$factory->b($alignments);
#$factory->S($strands);

# get query

while ( my $query = $seqio_obj->next_seq) {
      my $blast_report = $factory->blastall($query);
      print "$blast_report\n";
#      $factory->outfile("temp.out");
      print $query->seq;
      print "\n";