[Bioperl-l] internet proxy

Dr. Christoph Gille christoph.gille at charite.de
Tue Jan 10 16:03:37 EST 2006

Please apologize my stupid question:
How do I tell BioPerl that I have a http proxy ?

I try  Bio/Tools/Analysis/Protein/Sopma.pm
which computes second struct predictions using a HTTP server.
Since I do not have direct Internet I've  set the variables http_proxy and
HTTP_PROXY to the proxy server.

Linux$ echo  $http_proxy $HTTP_PROXY
http://realproxy.charite.de:888 http://realproxy.charite.de:888

But Sopma is not able to connect to the Internet.
At home with direct Internet it worked fine.
All other Internet programs can cope with the proxy without problem.
For example wget http://www.google.de fetches the data.

Sopma will be my first test case of how to bring Java and BioPerl together.

Many thanks Christoph