[Bioperl-l] PPM files for bioperl, bioperl-db

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 5 18:08:20 EST 2006

I guess what I mean is: when generating the PPD file (using 'nmake ppd'
after archiving the blib directory), several dependencies are listed in the
PPD file which come from the makefile.  A number of those probably should be
kept, such as DB_File, but a few are 'red herrings,' in that HTML::Parser is
included in the ActivePerl Core.  I believe the dependencies listed are for
those who use CPAN directly; I don't think PPM can distinguish modules with
one name (HTML::Entities) packaged together with others (HTML::Parser).

What I'll do is remove those that are obviously not needed (IO::Scalar,
HTML::Entitites), go through the rest, then proceed from there.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign