[Bioperl-l] counting and searching patterns

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at DEVGEN.com
Wed Jan 4 07:21:21 EST 2006

Hi Pierre,
Never used it myself, but can you do something with
Bio::Tools::SeqPattern ? Have a look at the FAQ:
http://bioperl.open-bio.org/wiki/FAQ#How_do_I_do_motif_searches_with_Bio
Perl.3F_Can_I_do_.22find_all_sequences_that_are_75.25_identical.22_to_a_
given_motif.3F

You could also do it with EMBOSS' fuzznuc:
On the command line you do:
fuzznuc <your_seq_file> -pattern MGGAAR -complement
If you need to automate this, you can launch fuzznuc with bioperl.
To do that you will need Bio::Factory::EMBOSS which is part of
bioperl-run.
HTH
Cheers,
Marc