[Bioperl-l] loading yeast data failing...

chen li chen_li3 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 00:08:13 EST 2006

Hi Angshu,

As I told you before Dr.Barry Moore,Dr. Hilmar Lapp,
and Dr. Jason Stajich (and others) are professors in
the Dept of Computer Science (or something like that).
They are pretty busy and spend their free time to host
this mailing list without any reimbursements.  You ask
them to write the code for you just like asking your
professor to do the job for you. This is the reason
why you get your ass kicked. You might get around your
problem by doing some research on google, or search
the mailing list to see if the same question is asked
before, or search  similar mailing lists. But anyway
you should do some reading and write you code first
and run it. Just try and it is very painful for a
beginer but it is worth.

Good luck,

Li

--- Barry Moore <bmoore at genetics.utah.edu> wrote:

> Angshu-
>
> Have you not been listening to anything that has
> been written to you on
> this list.  The Bioperl community has been amazingly
> patient with your
> questions over the last several months, and many
> have told you time and
> time again that you should think before you post.
> Less than an hour ago
> Hilmar and I both suggested ways that you could try
> to solve your own
> problem, and now you are back asking Hilmar to write
> code for you?
> Unbelievable.  Asking Hilmar to write your code for
> you is VERY
> UNACCEPTABLE!!!  If you need to have someone write
> your code for you or
> tutor you in the basics of Perl and Linux (and I
> think you do) then you
> need to hire them.  I can recommend some skilled
> contract programmers if
> you need to hire one.  This list welcomes beginners,
> but you are
> expected to put forth some effort at trying to solve
> problems yourself
> first.  Your brazen disregard for the etiquette of
> open source mailing
> lists suggests to me that you should not trouble the
> Bioperl community
> with further questions until you have at least a
> basic command of Perl
> and Linux and a willingness to try things yourself
> first.  Get a copy of
> Programming Perl and read it!  Get a copy of Object
> Oriented Perl and
> read it!  Get a copy of any Linux manual and read
> it!  And most
> important of all, just write code and try it - you
> won't break the
> computer!
>
> Barry

("gi|4261605|gb|AAD13905.1|S58126_11111111111111","gi|4261605|gb|AAD1390
> 5.

1|S58126_11111111111111","gi|4261605|gb|AAD13905.1|S58126_11111111111111
> ",
> > "Unknown
> (19,<NULL>)
> varying(40)

> gi|4261605|gb|AAD13905.1|S58126_11111111111111:

Bio::DB::BioSQL::BasePersistenceAdaptor::_find_by_unique_key

/home/akar/local/perl//Bio/DB/BioSQL/BasePersistenceAdaptor.pm:951

Bio::DB::BioSQL::BasePersistenceAdaptor::find_by_unique_key

/home/akar/local/perl//Bio/DB/BioSQL/BasePersistenceAdaptor.pm:855
> Bio::DB::BioSQL::BasePersistenceAdaptor::create

/home/akar/local/perl//Bio/DB/BioSQL/BasePersistenceAdaptor.pm:205
> Bio::DB::BioSQL::BasePersistenceAdaptor::store

/home/akar/local/perl//Bio/DB/BioSQL/BasePersistenceAdaptor.pm:254
> Bio::DB::Persistent::PersistentObject::store

/home/akar/local/perl//Bio/DB/Persistent/PersistentObject.pm:272

> accession, name and
> identifier
> > to some
> I change it to?