[Bioperl-l] Blast returns result, but does not return hits

Raghunath Verabelli iamvela at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 19:33:50 UTC 2006

Chris, you are right. I am using NCBI BLAST.

Here is my http query:

my $urltext =
"http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/blast/Blast.cgi?CMD=Put&QUERY=$seq&DATABASE=nr&PROGRAM=blastp";

This is my code for populating p-value:

my $pValue = $bioPerlHit->significance;

I looked at the text output, could not find any p
value column, the only 'value' column in the output is
'E value'. I will try that.

Thanks,
Raghu

=== message truncated ===