[Bioperl-l] Blast returns result, but does not return hits

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 23 15:23:53 UTC 2006

[....]

> if.pm
>   Built under MSWin32
>   Compiled at Nov  2 2005 08:44:52
>   %ENV:
>     PERL5LIB="c:\bioperl-live"
>   @INC:
>     c:\bioperl-live
>     C:/mod_perl/Perl/lib
>     C:/mod_perl/Perl/site/lib
>     .

Personally I wouldn't place the the bioperl-live folder in the root
directory; this shouldn't make a difference, but you can try moving it to
the perl directory in a separate folder to see if that helps.  Can't see why
it would make a difference, but it is Windows... Main reason I'll switching
over to Mac OS X!

Make sure that the Bio directory is in the bioperl-live directory,
regardless (i.e. if PERL5LIB is set to
C:\mod_perl\Perl\bioperl\bioperl-live, then there should be a directory like
C:\Perl\bioperl\bioperl-live\Bio).  Otherwise it won't work.

What do you get with this?

perl -MBio::Root::Version -e "print $Bio::Root::Version::VERSION"

If everything is working (PERL5LIB, etc) then it should be 1.5 for CVS
bioperl; otherwise it will either find the old version (1.2.3) or fail
completely.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry