[Bioperl-l] Count or weight matrix in bioperl?

Stefan Kirov skirov at utk.edu
Fri Feb 17 18:09:00 UTC 2006

If you have bioperl-live:
write a file:
 >seqgroup1
ATC
CCC
TTT

my $mio=new Bio::Matrix::PSM::IO(-format=>'masta',-file=>$filename);
while (my $matrix=$mio->next_matrix) {#Returns
Bio::Matrix::PSM::SiteMatrix object
#do something with the matrix...
print $matrix->consensus,"\n";
}

This is not going to give you the raw counts, but it will give you the
fequency for each pos/letter. see the docs for Bio::Matrix::PSM::SiteMatrix
Hope this helps
Stefan