[Bioperl-l] Help

Praveen Raj praveecbt at yahoo.co.in
Wed Feb 15 08:57:44 UTC 2006

Dear  Peter Schattner Sir,

                                       I have one problem with the profile_align() of  Clustalw object.

  I have given the code like this,
  12 @seq_array=($seqobj1,$seqobj2,$seqobj3);
13 $seq_array_ref=\@seq_array;
  14 $aln=$factory->align($seq_array_ref);
  15 print $out $aln;   # this works fine
  16 $sen = Bio::Seq->new(-display_id => '>gi|userdata|',
17                      -seq => "MTKKPGGPGKNRA....",
18                      -format => "fasta");
19 $aln=$factory->profile_align($aln,$sen); #problem here
  20 print $out1 $aln;

  I have got one error like this in Line No. 19

  ERROR: Could not open sequence file (-profile)
  No. of seqs. read = -1. No alignment!

  How I can I solve this problem?
  Hope you provide a proper solution.

                           Thanking you,