[Bioperl-l] Remote BLAST support discussion

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 10 17:45:32 UTC 2006

local binaries and MPI-BLAST too if simple)
>   -->             RemoteNCBI (currently the RemoteBlast server)
>   -->             RemoteEBISOAP (EBI has a nice SOAP interface that works
quite well, but may not provide all the same databases as what people expect
from NCBI)
>   -->             RemoteNetBlast (blastcl3 or netblast local executable)
>   (other things that people want)

Sounds good to me.  I think any wrapper for netblast could most easily be
based on StandAloneBlast; the parameters look pretty much identical, though
it'll probably need a little configuring as a quick text search through
StandAloneBlast didn't show any 'xml' tags.  Roger seemed to agree on this.