[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Glimmer for glimmer2/3

Andrew Stewart stewarta at nmrc.navy.mil
Tue Dec 19 18:49:57 UTC 2006

I see that Bio::Tools::Glimmer documentation clearly states that this
module is intended for use with GlimmerM (eukaryotic version) only.
I am wondering if anyone can recall any talk about adopting
Bio::Tools::Glimmer for Glimmer2 / Glimmer3 (prokaryotic version)?
I've searched the list history with little luck other than someone
else  asking a similar question.

If not, does anyone have any thoughts on how difficult it might be to
implement support for glimmer2/3 result parsing?  Perhaps just a
matter of editing the _parse_predictions method?

--
Andrew Stewart
Research Assistant, Genomics Team

email: stewarta at nmrc.navy.mil